How We Started
The story behind the CareBOX Program is a personal one. First, our founders Jillian Domingue & Lisa Keefauver saw through the experiences of their loved ones & friends that there was a dire need for patients going through cancer treatments to have access to essential supplies at home. Because these supplies are typically not covered by insurance, CareBOX Program realized that many people were simply going without them, and their health was suffering as the consequence.
Our personal observations were supported by devastating research. Once we became aware of the fact that one in five cancer-related deaths can be attributed to the effects of malnutrition alone, we knew what our mission would be: deliver free care supplies to cancer patients at home to prevent malnutrition, infections & injuries.
A Dedicated Team
Strong Core Values
- P Patient-Centered: Maintain a personal touch. After all, we are just people helping other people.
- A Accessible: Ensure ease of access to CareBOX Program for all cancer patients within service area.
- R Responsible: Be efficient and effective with CareBOX Program resources to meet patient needs.
- I Innovative: Constantly striving to find new ways to fill the gaps in cancer care.
- T Transparent: Stay mission-focused in all endeavors.